Ensure preloaded truck is ready for delivery
Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
Deliver product as per customer requirements obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse
Update manifest with reason codes
Address and resolve customer feedback as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues
Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
Engage in safe work practices
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 32 kilograms by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard).
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 - 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Clean driver abstract with no “major moving violations” (as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable provincial law)
- Ability to lift up to 32 kilograms., navigate and read a map
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
Knowledge of safe work practices.
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
Must be a team player
Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions, safely
Ability to work safely within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience of a 16 ft. or longer straight
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience with hand truck/dolly type equipment preferred