Maple Stamping is a Division of Magna International, Inc., located in the heart of Concord, Ontario, Canada. Our 200,000 square foot facility is home to a loyal workforce of dedicated employees, many of whom have worked for Magna for more than 25 years. Our Division, as part of the Cosma International Body & Chassis subgroup, specializes in the heavy stamping and automated assembly of an immense range of critical structural components that are shipped the world over to major customers like FCA, GM, Ford and Honda. The future is ours to make, and we want people like you. Do you have what it takes to excel in a World Class Manufacturing Facility? Apply today!
Our Facility continues to grow and exceed expectations. In order to support continued development, we are looking to add to our existing direct labour over the coming weeks and months. Talented, energetic and capable candidates will have the opportunity to move into a full-time role within 6 months of contract employment. We are hiring general labour for one of two specific functions based on the applicants level of experience, certifications and best fit: Production Associates are responsible for the loading and unloading of parts within a dedicated welding unit or packing parts off press completing all related paperwork accurately and meeting production targets as stipulated. This position is to monitor by visual inspection all parts and to report to Group Lead/Team Leader any defects that may be found. Material Handlers are responsible for the movement of all Materials items as required to ensure the efficient flow of production and completing all paperwork as required including pre-shift forklift inspection forms. Mobile equipment to be used in conjunction with regular and repeated manual lifting; this is a physical job that requires stamina and fitness.
* Perform procedures and requirements for start-up, SWI and related equipment for all secondary operations.
* Adhere carefully to the job instruction or SWI of each cell or process trained on without wavering, while flagging opportunities for continuous improvement to shop floor leadership.
* Lift, move, stack, pack visually monitor parts through an established process on machines according to SWI.
* Meet or exceed production, quality and delivery output as prescribed by established standards.
* Perform first off and last off procedures for production start-up of each job.
* Effectively use Maple’s Escalation process to flag issues and resolve concerns using the appropriate support personnel required.
* Responsible for the coordinated movement of containers to and from locations within plant (trucks, machines, outside storage) as well as ensuring load / containers etc. are balanced and secure before moving the following:
1. Movement of all containers to various locations inside and outside the plant
2. All scrap removal from machines 3
. All cardboard movement to and from machines
4. Emptying garbage bins
* Utilize mobile equipment including sit-down counterbalance forklift, tugger or by using carts and trucks to manually deliver and remove material from various assembly location within the Facility.
Knowledge and Education
* Candidates with a Canadian High School diploma, GED or post-secondary credentials will be given first consideration in this selection process.
* Preference given to those applicants who have prior automotive manufacturing experience or who have worked within a Magna facility in the recent past.
Skills and Competencies
* Must prove to be capable of understanding and completing paperwork accurately.
* Capable of training others to perform related tasks using SWI process.
We are a leading global automotive supplier with 317 manufacturing operations and 102 product development, engineering and sales centres in 29 countries. We have over 155,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.