Canadian Tire Corporation Full-time, Permanent
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
Our Technology team plays a critical role in our evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty.
The Store Systems – Network Support team provides 24*7 production support for FGL corporate and franchise, Mark’s, National Sports, Pro-Hockey Life and Paderno brands. The team works core business hours and provides off-hours project and pager support on a rotating basis.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
Specific duties include:
– Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade network equipment
– Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
– Ensure network security and connectivity
– Monitor network performance (availability, utilization and latency) and test for weaknesses
– Collect and analyze data to optimize performance
– Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
– Resolve problems assigned by lower level support teams
– Define network policies and procedures
– Specify system requirements and design solutions
– Research and make recommendations on network systems administration
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
· Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
· Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
· Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
· Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
The successful candidate will have the followin g:
– Proven experience in a network administrator role
– Good analytical and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work after hours, nights and weekends
– Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices
– Hands on experience in Cisco routing and switching
– Experience supporting networks that have a large number of remote sites
– Ability to quickly learn technologies and products using documentation and internet resources
– Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of networking infrastructure
– Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
– Ability to set up and configure Cisco hardware
– Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
– Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
– Juniper, Cisco, CWNA or BCNE training
– BSc degree in Computer Science or related field, or revenant experience
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
Reference Checks: Criminal Background Checks
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. FGL Corporate