Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada. Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.The Project Coordinator provides administrative and engineering support on construction projects. Performing duties such as, tracking schedules, productivity reports, and following up on health and safety concerns.Key Responsibilities *Assists in planning, scheduling and executing construction activities including supervision of crews and equipment
- Follow up and assist with implementing corrective action for safety environment, quality, and productivity related issues
- Coordinates delivery of construction materials ensuring timeliness and accuracy of purchase orders
- Maintains plans, specifications, cost/materials estimates, and subcontracts
- Ensures project cost requirements are met and coding procedures are followed
- Assists the Project Superintendent to develop and maintain relationships with owners, consultants and subcontractors.
- Provides technical assistance to Field Superintendents
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and executing construction activities
- Processes time sheets for payroll and cost control purposes
- Prepare short interval control sheets
- Maintains job diaries, site photos and proper claims documentation
- May be required to assist in supervision of work crews, contractors, sub-contractors, quality personnel, and surveyors, etc.
- Provide technical assistance, investigation and follow up for Project Managers
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her Supervisor
Required Knowledge & Skills *Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma / or equivalent training and experience
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in construction
- Experience with asphalt paving, bridges, and under ground
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills
- Adaptable to work a flexible work schedule when required
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Valid driver’s license
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.