Job Posting: May 18, 2017 08:05:29 AM
Unposting Date: May 28, 2017 11:59:00 PM
Subsurface Regulatory Engineer/Technologist–00130111-20170315
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky’s Lloydminster Heavy Oil and Gas Cold Production Engineering Team is currently looking for a Jr Subsurface Regulatory Engineer or Technologist. Reporting to the Production Engineering Coordinator, incumbent will be responsible for providing subsurface down hole regulatory support. The successful candidate will play a key role in effectively completing Husky’s Subsurface Abandonment and Regulatory Program as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The specific responsibilities will include:
- Prepare detailed well histories and down hole diagram for inactive wells and associated facilities
- Prepare accurate cost estimates
- Prepare down hole abandonment and suspension programs with emphasis on cost optimization
- Assist in the implementation of subsurface and surface abandonment projects and help with the coordination and scheduling of various services
- Assist in the implementation of subsurface complex wellbore repair projects and help with the coordination and scheduling of various services
- Conduct post project reviews complete with modeling of abandonment performance
- Provide technical assistance to the well site supervisor and superintendents
- Liaise with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulatory bodies on a variety of issues such as ground water protection, casing leaks, vent flows, etc
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technologist’s Diploma
- APEGGA/APEGS professional designation or ASET/SASTT professional designation (if designation not achieved, must be eligible to register)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Experience in Drilling and/or Completions or other operations environment with a strong background in performance optimization studies involving work over and completion strategies, will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with government regulations, corporate policies and procedures would be an asset
- Strong motivation, communication, interpersonal skills for working in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural project teams
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and computer skills
- Well-developed report writing, presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Ability to work in a high workload environment with intense activity periods
- Flexibility to handle new career challenges
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
This position is based in Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to live in Lloydminster. We encourage all applicants to review the following websites about living and working in Lloydminster:
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest integrated energy companies. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols HSE, HSE.PR.A, HSE.PR.B, HSE.PR.C, HSE.PR.E and HSE.PR.G. The Company operates worldwide with Upstream and Downstream business segments.
Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky’s online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.