The CMPA manages a multi-billion dollar investment portfolio in-house. The Portfolio Accounting and Reporting team provides support to the various members of the investment team by ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of all assets managed within the portfolio. This includes the preparation of monthly journal entries, various reconciliations, cash management, and preparation of year-end audit working papers. We are seeking a co-op student to assist us with day-to-day operations. Duties may include preparation of the daily cash flow for investments, preparation of monthly asset reconciliations, entry of payments into the banking system, and assisting with the year-end audit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Enrolled in an academic program with a focus on Finance with a co-op term from January to April 2019
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Accurate keyboarding skills and data entry
- Computer literacy (word-processing, spreadsheets, databases)
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Students are defined as individuals who are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution during the year that they are employed. To be considered for this position, candidates must be enrolled in an academic program with a Co-Op term from January to April 2019.
- The position hourly rate is $17.00 per hour
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview and may be required to complete a skills assessment