Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
- Cleans public areas and resident’s apartments, including bathrooms, kitchens, patios & windows, floors, furniture and common areas.
- Performs all housekeeping duties including:
– distributing laundered articles and linens
– replacing and hanging draperies
– changing beds
– cleaning public restrooms and replenishing supplies as needed
– sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and polishing floors; cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
– dusting furniture and equipment
– polishing metalwork
– washing walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills
- Performs all laundry duties including:
– washing, drying and ironing resident laundry and community linens and textiles in provided appliances
– folding and/or hanging laundry appropriately
– distributing laundered articles and linens
– replacing and hanging draperies and changing beds.
- Maintains resident laundry areas including mopping floors and washing walls regularly.
- Washes windows at reasonable heights through out the community as requested.
- Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
- Disinfects and sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Stocks cleaning cart with supplies.
- Empties wastebaskets, and transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Ensures with maintenance that trash and dumpster areas are clean.
- Completes maintenance work orders for any maintenance repairs needed.
- Reports resident issues or changes in health or living status promptly.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions or maintenance related issues promptly to Supervisor.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Able to operates cleaning equipment such as: mangle, iron, washer & dryer, brooms, mops, vacuums, etc
Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
- Able to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Able to perform these operations using units of Unites States’ currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
$13 – $16 an hour – Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Job requirements Languages: English
Education Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience Experience an asset
Work Setting Cleaning service company
Specific Skills Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture; Dust furniture; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors; Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
Security and Safety Bondable; Driver’s validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
Transportation/Travel Information Valid driver’s licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information Work in employer’s/client’s home
Personal Suitability Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Dependability; Values and ethics; Reliability
Lube, Oil and Filter Technician are responsible for assisting in the maintenance of vehicles. The utmost care is required for accuracy and to ensure safety. The role requires attention to detail, being efficient, and enjoying a fast paced environment.
Tire changeovers and balancing
Other duties as required
Previous dealership/technician experience is an asset
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees;
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities.
If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork – now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada.
Experienced Journeyman Mechanic
We are a busy shop looking for an auto mechanic to add to our team – Licensed Red Seal Technician
Mechanic should be able to do work effectively and in a timely manner, experience diagnosing electrical and other engine code issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on all makes and models of vehicles
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong diagnostic ability
- Good knowledge of electrical diagnostics/repair
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume shop
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have a clean valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must provide own tools
Qualifications and Skills
Alberta Mechanical Journeyman License
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 to $33.00 /hour
Required education: High school or equivalent
Job Location: Calgary, AB
Required license or certification: Automotive Service Technician